Q: Will my automobile policy protect a friend or relative if I loan a vehicle to them?
A: Yes, protection is extended to anyone you give permission to drive your car.

Q: Can I add or reduce coverages from my policy during the middle of my term?

A: Yes, changes can be made anytime during your policy period.

Q: Do I need to purchase insurance from a rental car company if I already have my own automobile insurance?
A: Sometimes you do. Your liability insurance will transfer to a rental car, but unless you you already have comprehensive
and collision you should purchase this coverage from the rental car company to protect the rental vehicle. Some of the rental car companies will also charge a fee for lost income while a vehicle is being repaired in the event you
have an accident. This is not always covered by your existing auto insurance, so it is a good idea to go ahead and spend the extra
$8-$12 dollars a day for the rental car collision damage waiver. This releases you from any responsibility for damages
to the rental vehicle while in your possession.

Q:Under my auto policy what does my comprehensive and collision cover?
A: Comprehensive covers: Fire, theft, glass breakage, or collision with an animal and collision covers any other collision related damage.

Q: Why is my dwelling amount under my homeowner policy greater than the value of my home?
A: Most homeowner policies insure your home for replacement value instead of actual cash value or Market value.
This means that your home is insured to be replaced in the event of a total loss with new materials of like kind and quality
without depreciation. This figure is based on the current cost of materials, labor, and contractor services. It is designed to get
you back into your home as quickly as possible.

Q: Are disasters such as flood, earthquake. And hurricane covered under my homeowners policy?
A: Wind, water, hail damage from hurricane, tornadoes, or any storm are covered.
Flood is not covered under a homeowners policy. You can purchase a separate Flood policy to cover that. Earthquake coverage can be added to some homeowner policies, but is not covered under a general policy.

Q: Why do insurance companies use credit information?
A: Insurance companies believe credit is a good predictor of the probability of future losses. It is an objective way to assess and price potential risk and more accurately price policies.

Q: What are some of the other factors besides credit used to determine my automobile rate?
A: Prior insurance,driving record, age, type of vehicle and claims.
Home rates?
Age of home, roof, prior insurance, losses, and fire protection class are some of the factors used to determine rate.

Q: What information do I need to get an auto quote?
A: Name, address, date of birth for all drivers, driving record, type of vehicles, current company and current coverage if any.
Home quote?
Name, address, current insurance company and coverages if any, deductible, losses of last 5 years, age of home,
age of roof, square footage, foundation type, number of bathrooms, porch, deck square footage, type of home(brick,
frame, stucco), and name of fire department.

Q: What do I do in case of a loss/claim/accident?
A: During regular business hours you can contact us at 205-477-1711. We can advise you according to the type
of loss and the insurance company you are insured with. If the loss occurs after hours, please contact your
​ company directly.

Listed below are the companies we represent and their phone numbers:

Safeco: 1-800-332-3226

Auto-Owners: 1-800-252-4626

Travelers:  1-800-252-4633

Progressive: 1-800-274-4499

Foremost:  1-800-527-3907

National Security:  1-800-329-2358

National General:  1-800-468-3466

CNA Surety: 1-800-331-6053


Frequently Asked Questions